Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bad bad bad bad news.

I have received this message from Google:

"Hello,

After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account
poses a risk of generating invalid activity. Because we have a
responsibility to protect our AdWords advertisers from inflated costs due
to invalid activity, we've found it necessary to disable your AdSense
account. Your outstanding balance and Google's share of the revenue will
both be fully refunded back to the affected advertisers.

Please understand that we need to take such steps to maintain the
effectiveness of Google's advertising system, particularly the
advertiser-publisher relationship. We understand the inconvenience that
this may cause you, and we thank you in advance for your understanding and
cooperation."

I am so shocked! I have no idea why this even happened. It may have something to do with the chapter I just released. I suppose that caused a giant influx of views or something, so they thought it was suspicious! Honestly, I don't know why this even happened.

I sent an appeal out just now, but I just thought I'd let you guys know. We had made like $20 or so, so I was really happy! But if that was all for nothing, I would be very disappointed. If they don't accept my appeal, I think I may try to save up my own cash to compensate because it makes me sad that they would disable the adsense ):

Rawr. I'll be waiting in my cave, hoping for an answer soon!

2 comments:

  1. Kat, I am so sorry this happened to you! It is ironic that they would do this, since the ads I visited were even promoting pink products! Seems like they would WANT more visits to their advertisers, and someone clicking to help with cancer research is more likely to purchase a pair pink sneakers. It doesn't seem logical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies! That is simply horrible. Maybe you could just switch over to posting depotisfiles/uploading.com links in order to raise money for the foundation? I think most people wouldn't mind using those links, if it's for a good cause :D

    ReplyDelete